Is this course right for me?
This course will be an introduction to the three social sciences mentioned above.
Examples of topics covered in this course include:
- Causes and Consequences of Crime
- Mental Health and Mental Illness
- Nature vs Nurture Debate
- Equity and Diversity
- Social Changes
In addition, the student will learn how to write an essay, develop researching and critical thinking skills to complete assignments.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Students will be expected to demonstrate their commitment to complete the full 10 weeks.
Presentations, group and individual work, posters, case studies and discussions.
- Pre-access or Access course
- Work in the social care sector
- Skills for Further Study course