Is this course right for me?
A City and Guilds L3 ATC in Constructing the Built Environment is an engaging programme aimed at students who are interested in the construction industry and have a vocational or career interest in the subject.
The course consists of the following subjects:
- Domestic construction technology
- Industrial and commercial construction technology
- Health and safety in the built environment
- Construction science and materials
- Sustainability and new technologies
- Mathematics for the built environment
- Employer involvement
- Four GCSE’s at grade point C or above (including Maths and English), or,
- BTEC First Diploma in Construction, or,
- NVQ Level 3 Qualification
More mature learners may present a more varied profile of achievement that is likely to include experience of paid and / or unpaid employment and you will be able to demonstrate your suitability at interview.
The course is delivered through a blend of lectures, seminars, tutorials, site visits, field trips and guest speakers.
The course is assessed through a theory exam and a synoptic assignment.
Foundation Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering or a HNC in Construction or Civil Engineering. You may then have the option to top up your foundation degree by completing a full BSc in Commercial Construction Management or BEng in Civil Engineering.