Is this course right for me?
Benefits for you of undertaking this course are:
● Learn about mentoring as a powerful development tool
● Understand the role and responsibilities of good mentors
● Explore different mentoring models
● Put your new skills into practice in your job – carry out supervised mentoring session.
● Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own mentoring ability.
Benefits for employers of undertaking this course are:
● Implement mentoring at first-line management level in your organisation
● Ensure the managers you develop as mentors are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
● Develop a culture of mutual support for performance development by ensuring your managers can act as truly effective mentors.
Course fees under the SEE Project are:
- Small/Micro business - £99.30
- Medium - £132.40
- Large - £165.50
The Level 3 Award in Mentoring is designed for people in their first management roles, such as team leaders and first-line managers. They are ideal for individuals seeking to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence to mentor people as part of their normal working role.
College sessions/lecture, group work, personal study and completion of work based assignments and reflective practice.
Understanding good practice in workplace mentoring
Work based Assignment - This assignment requires you to consider your knowledge and understanding of the context and environment for effective mentoring within the workplace. You are then asked to consider the process and content of workplace mentoring in practice.
Undertaking mentoring in the workplace and Reflecting on workplace mentoring skills
Work based Assignment - This assignment asks you to complete a diary of activity and reflections over the course of the practical mentoring activity you have undertaken. You should evidence of a minimum of 6 hours of formal workplace mentoring and maintain a mentoring diary to evidence practice.
ILM L3 Certificate in Mentoring
ILM L3 Award and Certificate in Coaching
ILM L3 Award and Certificate in Leadership and Management
Additional campus/course information:
During the course, you will study 3 ILM Modules:
Understanding good practice in workplace mentoring - The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to understand good practice in workplace mentoring
Undertaking mentoring in the workplace - The purpose of this unit is to organise and undertake mentoring in the workplace.
Reflecting on workplace mentoring skills - The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to reflect on their own abilities as a workplace mentor.