Is this course right for me?
Learners have a planned timetable based on individual sensory experiences and these are timetabled around the four pillars of Independent Living Skills, which are:
- Independent Living Skills
- Health and Wellbeing
- Accessing the Community
- Employability Skills (if appropriate)
The following opportunities are also available at Canolfan Marl (Rhos-on-Sea):
- Communication Skills
- Sensory Curriculum
No formal entry requirements.
The programme is delivered through a variety of sensory experiences to promote individual choice, social interaction, communication and self-awareness.
Learners will be following a non-accredited programme. After setting and agreeing individual targets, learners may be assessed through a variety of methods which meet their individual learner needs.
Depending on local opportunities, learners may progress to day centres and possible sheltered employment opportunities.
Additional campus/course information:
- Touch Trust
- Residential Visits
- Intensive Interaction
- Touch Trust
- The programme is designed around learner needs
Canolfan Marl (Rhos-on-Sea):
- Snoezelen Room
- Tac Pac activities
- Sensory Stories
- Massage Stories
- Shop - cook - taste / eat
- PECS/Makaton/Real Objects - communication strategies to promote choice making
- Creative activities - music / art and craft
- ICT activities to enhance communication strategies - switches / cause and effect.
- Outside visits to local college community
- Speech and Language Therapy / Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy programmes followed if appropriate.