Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
Are you full of ideas and bursting with creativity? Then why not learn the skills you will need to work in the Gaming/IT/Media industries?
We aim to help you develop confidence, creativity and individuality in the use of digital tools to build skills for working on web, video, animation and multimedia products for the real world!
Learn to use applications such as:
- Web Writing: Dreamweaver and skills in HTML5
- Media: Video, Sound and 2D Animation
- Games Design: Learn design skills needed to create products for tomorrow’s game and app markets.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- You will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to study by achieving your GCSE target grades and completing year 11 with good attendance.
- Successful completion of a Traineeship, Pre-vocational, Pathways or School Link Programme
- Relevant industry experience
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
Assessments will be varied and consist of individual and group work, written and practical tasks, showings and reviews (one-one group and peer) some of which may be presented.
All units are assessed though course work, there are no external exams.
- Creative Media Production and Games Development Level 2
- ICT and Software Development Level 2
- New Media – Design and Development Level 2