Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in a career in IT? Could you benefit from a varied IT course, preparing you for a broad range of IT roles? This programme gives you knowledge and skills in many core areas of IT, and allows you to obtain a recognised Level 3 qualification.
If you're not sure what area of IT you want to work in, or if you want to gain a mixture of IT skills, this course is ideal. You will cover many specialist areas including web design and graphics, hardware, application development, networking and programming.
Throughout the course, you will benefit from excellent facilities, including well equipped multimedia, networking and hardware rooms, as well as a dedicated IT workshop to facilitate your private study time. There will also be opportunities to enhance your learning with guest speakers, group activities and trips.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C or D
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The course is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Guest speakers
- Virtual learning environment (MOODLE)
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Written assignments
- In-class tests
- Verbal assessment
Because the course offers you a wide range of IT skills, you will have a variety of choices in education and employment. You could proceed onto a Higher Education course, such as:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) 3D Animation and Games Development
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Computing (Networking)
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Computing (Software Development)
You could also complete an apprenticeship in a number of computing contexts.
If you move directly into employment, you will be able to draw from any of the IT areas you have studied. You may also continue to develop by taking professional Microsoft or Cisco courses whilst you work.