Is this course right for me?
Information Technology gives students the opportunity to study a subject that opens doors into many different industries.
The course has been recently updated and has been developed to enable students to build the technical skills and knowledge needed to work in the computer industry or to enable progression to higher education degree courses in information technology and related areas, such as digital technology solutions, IT management for business, computer networks and security or creative computing.
You will gain experience and knowledge in the practical uses of information technology, particularly databases, spreadsheets, presentation software, social media and website development.
- Information Technology Systems
- Creating Systems to Manage Information
- Using Social Media in Business
- Web Development
Discussion can be held at interview if you would like to combine this course with another subject.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C or D
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Interactive learning
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)/ Google Classrooms.
This course is assessed through a range of activities these include:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation
- One exam
- 2 controlled assessments (one in year 1 and one in year 2).
IT will help you in any chosen career but will also be an essential part of technology-based courses.
The list of professions is endless but will include architect, games designer, software engineer, systems analyst, webmaster, network manager.