Is this course right for me?
Are you interested in pottery and want to have an experience through informal delivery? Do you have an idea you want to put into practice? Experienced tutors will develop your skills and help you reach your creative goals.
The eight week pottery workshops are planned to give you an introduction into the different hand building techniques: pinching, coiling, slab building and press moulding. Surface decoration and glaze methods are also incorporated into the sessions. Demonstrations are also available using the Potter's’ Wheel (Throwing) on request.
No formal entry requirements, but an interest in pottery desirable.
- Delivery through demonstrations.
- Sessions are delivered at the individual pace of the learner and the workshops cater for all levels from absolute beginner to the more advanced.
Through the items produced.
- Pottery Workshop Term 2 and 3
- Part time provision - Glass, Drawing and Painting, Life Drawing, Embroidery, Printmaking, Artist’s Sketchbooks
- Part-time Foundation Diploma in Art and Design