Is this course right for me?
Would you like a challenging career in IT? Would you like the potential to progress to employment or an apprenticeship?
The Enhanced IT Learning Programme course covers a range of core IT areas, with an emphasis on preparing you for future progression that can include employment, an apprenticeship or study for a higher education qualification.
Throughout the course you will benefit from excellent facilities, including well equipped teaching rooms that include multimedia, networking and hardware rooms, as well as a dedicated IT workshop to facilitate your private study time. There will also be opportunities to enhance your learning with guest speakers, group activities and trips.
In addition you will also complete a minimum of 5 weeks work experience placement and this will be a great addition to your CV for future employment prospects.
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above, including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade C or D
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Guest speakers
- Virtual learning environment (MOODLE)
- Written assignments
- Practical assignments
- In-class tests
- Verbal assessments
Because the course offers you a wide range of IT skills, you will have a variety of choices in education and employment, and this will include progression to an apprenticeship.
You could proceed onto a Higher Education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) 3D Animation and Games Development
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Computing (Networking)
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Computing (Software Development)
We will work with you to provide relevant career advice and support with sourcing work placements.