Is this course right for me?
Are you looking for a career in the motor vehicle and transport industries?
This course provides you with a technical and academic background in vehicle technology. It gives the skills you need to work in the industry and progress onto further study.
The course is suitable for anyone who wants to enter the vehicle industry. It focuses on practical, hands-on learning, delivered in realistic workshops and with an industry work placement.
The course is approved by the Sector Skills Council (SSC), ensuring that it meets the quality requirements of the industry.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E including GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E,
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical demonstrations
- Realistic working tasks
- Lectures to develop underpinning knowledge
- Assignment work
- Online learning
- Visits to Industry and Trade Shows
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Internal practical assessment
- Online assessment
- Oral questioning
- Written questions
- Short learner task sheets for you to complete independently
Completion of this course will give you the fundamental skills and knowledge to work in the vehicle industry.
Due to technological advancements, companies in manufacture, retail, distribution, servicing and accident repair are constantly seeking to bring young people into this fast changing industry. You will have skills in a number of areas, which will suit any role where an eye to detail is essential.
The course will also prepare you for studying at a more advanced level.
You could also apply for a Modern Apprenticeship.