Is this course right for me?
The law requires that all food handlers need to be trained according to their food handling work activities. Should an employee achieve a Highfield food safety qualification, which is suitable for the work they do, it will assist food business operators in proving that they have displayed due diligence and are therefore compliant in the eyes of the law. Typical environments may include pubs, hotels, restaurants, retail, factories, contract catering, fast-food outlets, hospitals, care and nursing homes, schools, prisons and the armed forces.
Food Safety Level 2 – ensures that a food handler is aware of the hazards and controls associated with the types of food they produce.
This qualification is designed for
- Food handlers who work, or intend to work in food or drink manufacturing, in catering or in a retail environment where both packaged and/or open foods are available.
- People providing a service, for example, delivery drivers and home delivery employees.
- Those providing services to catering premises including pest-control operators, maintenance engineers, cleaners, and laundry and delivery personnel.
In addition to the fundamentals of food safety, candidates will gain an appreciation of the specific types of hazards, controls and monitoring associated with food manufacturing.
At the end of this course, you will gain the following Awards (Applicants should specify which award they wish to complete when applying):
Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Food Manufacturing
Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering
Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Retail
- How individuals can take personal responsibility for food safety,
- The importance of keeping themselves clean and hygienic,
- How the working areas are kept clean and hygienic
- The importance of keeping products safe
- Good hygiene practices
The course includes a mix of tutor presentations, short exercises, and a case study, with plenty of discussions.
There are no entry requirements for this course
- Taught sessions
- Group work
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
Highfield Level 3 Award in Food Safety