Is this course right for me?
This qualification develops learners’ skills for working with D/deaf people as a communication support assistant in businesses where D/deaf people are employed, usually in education or in charitable services or the D/deaf person’s own private business.
Cost: £147 course fees, £180 exam fees.
Day and time to be advised, please contact Paula Jones 01492 546 666 ext. 1726 for further information.
- The IBSL Level 3 Certificate in BSL Studies (or equivalent)
- An ‘A’ Level equivalent in written and spoken English
Lessons will be classroom-based using a wide range of teaching methods.
- Relay Information from Spoken English into British Sign Language, and vice versa, in a live situation
- Relay Information from Spoken English into British Sign Language, and vice versa, in a live situation using technology.
- Provide a sight translation into British Sign Language from English
- Provide written information in English from a signed passage in British Sign Language
- A full Level 4 BSL Studies qualification
- A Level 6 or interpreting qualification