Is this course right for me?
This course is aimed at those who are working within a school setting, in a supervised capacity, or for those who want to work in schools - for example, Level 3 Classroom Assistant.
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
- Successful completion of NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning QCF
- And/or recent long term experience of working in a school.
- Demonstration of strong Level 2/equivalent literacy skills
- You will also need to be working within a school or volunteering within a school setting
This level 3 qualification is delivered predominantly in college via taught sessions, practical activities and tutorials, whilst undertaking a work placement/employment in a school.
The units within this qualification require written knowledge in the form of a portfolio of work.
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- The Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
Additional campus/course information:
To achieve this qualification, learners must achieve 4 mandatory Level 3 units, totaling 12 credits. Units include:
- Schools as Organisations
- Communication and Professional Relationships
- Child Development