Personal Learning Account
Are you aged over 19 and earning under £26,000? Or, has your employment been negatively impacted by Covid-19? Then this course could be available for free through the Personal Learning Account. Find out more...
Is this course right for me?
This course is aimed at those who are working within a school setting, in a supervised capacity, or for those who want to work in schools - for example, Level 3 Classroom Assistant.
- Places on the programme are subject to interview
- Successful completion of NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning QCF
- And/or recent long term experience of working in a school.
- Demonstration of strong Level 2/equivalent literacy skills
- You will also need to be working within a school or volunteering within a school setting
This level 3 qualification is delivered predominantly in college via taught sessions, practical activities and tutorials, whilst undertaking a work placement/employment in a school.
The units within this qualification require written knowledge in the form of a portfolio of work.
- NCFE CACHE Level 2 Award in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
- The Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- The Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools
Additional campus/course information:
To achieve this qualification, learners must achieve 4 mandatory Level 3 units, totaling 12 credits. Units include:
- Schools as Organisations
- Communication and Professional Relationships
- Child Development