Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
If you have an interest in barbering, this course enables you to gain knowledge in barbering/shaving skills, and also to progress to a higher level.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 2 GCSEs at grade D or above
- You will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to study by achieving your GCSE target grades and completing year 11 with good attendance.
- Successful completion of a Traineeship, Pre-vocational, Pathways or School Link Programme
- Relevant industry experience
Applicants already studying at the college will need an attendance of 86% on their current course.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
- Practical workshops and theory sessions
- Online exams
- Online portfolio
- Theory sessions
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment
- MOODLE (Virtual Learning Environment)
You will be assessed on work you undertake on clients in the salon during an evening class through observation. You will also undertake an online exam.
- Hairdressing Level 2
- Barbering Level 2
Additional campus/course information:
- 101 Prepare for hair services
- 102 Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
- 103 Blow dry hair
- 104 Shampoo and condition hair
- 106 Reception
- 218 Assist with shaving services