Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
Whatever your age, if you would like an introduction to the variety of construction trades there are on offer, and gain skills in those areas, then this is the course for you.
This course could also help you to decide which trade is the right one for you, enabling you to take the first step towards a career in construction.
No previous knowledge or experience is required.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- You will be expected to demonstrate a commitment to study by achieving your GCSE target grades and completing year 11 with good attendance.
- Successful completion of a Traineeship, Pre-vocational, Pathways or School Link Programme
- Relevant industry experience
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
- Group work
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- Google Classroom (virtual learning environment)
- Practical sessions in a realistic working environment (RWE)
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
Level 2 qualifications, including:
Additional campus/course information:
To achieve the Level 1 Diploma in Construction Skills (6219-07), learners must achieve a minimum of 37 credits - 3 credits from a mandatory unit and a minimum of 34 credits from the optional units, of which 18 credits must come from units 102 to 137.