Is this course right for me?
The aim of these apprenticeship frameworks is to provide employers in the public, private and not-for-profit sectors in Wales with a workforce who have the skills, knowledge and competency to support businesses through social media and digital marketing, so that they can contribute to making businesses more efficient and productive.
Social Media for Business involves the use of social networking to attract and engage with current and potential customers - for example, utilising online advertising and social media campaigning.
The growth in Social Media and Digital Marketing means that new staff need to be attracted to the industry, and existing staff need to be upskilled with the knowledge and experience to undertake social media and digital marketing roles in a range of business settings:
- Social Media assistant
- Digital Marketing assistant
- Community Engagement officer
- CRM Manager
- Web Designer
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Social Media Marketing Manager
The digital marketing route focuses on email marketing, brand development and search engine optimisation with an insight into social media.
The social media route focuses on the principles of social media and social media management tools with some insight into SEO and keywords.
- No formal qualifications are required, but experience in IT is desirable
- Apprentices must have an employer or mentor who has relevant knowledge in the subject area and can offer on the job training.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- Level 3 is undertaken in the workplace with potentially some attendance to college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests (if required).
- Level 4 requires more frequent attendance at college (5.30-8.30pm every Thursday during academic term time)
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work-based observations
- Theory-based tasks and tests
On completion of level 3, you can progress to a Higher Apprenticeship.