Is this course right for me?
Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP)
HACCP is a systematic, preventive approach to food safety and allergenic, chemical, and biological hazards in production processes that can cause the finished product to be unsafe. It also involves implementing measures to reduce these risks to a safe level. It is essential that all food sector organisations implement a food-safety management system based on the codex principles of HACCP. Although HACCP was originally designed for manufacturing, it is now also applicable to the catering and retail industries. Highfield's HACCP qualifications are suitable for both food handlers and supervisors working in most food operations.
This qualification is aimed at individuals
- Working in or preparing to work in the food manufacturing industry or a catering environment.
- Involved in maintaining HACCP systems in a manufacturing or a catering environment
- Who are or will be part of a HACCP team.
At the end of this course, you will gain the following Awards
Applicants should specify which award they wish to complete when applying
Highfield Level 2 Award in HACCP for Food Manufacturing
Highfield Level 2 Award in Supervising HACCP for Catering
- To be able to recognise and define common HACCP terms and state the principles of HACCP,
- To recognise the need for a systematic approach to food safety management,
- The importance of identifying critical control points and the purpose of corrective action in HACCP.
- To outline the stages involved in implementing HACCP
- To identify common food hazards and controls
- To outline the importance of verifying, reviewing and documenting HACCP systems in a catering environment.
The course includes a mix of tutor presentations, short exercises, and a case study, with plenty of discussions.
Level 2 Award in Food Safety or similar.
- taught sessions
- group work
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
You could progress onto the following courses at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai:
- Highfield Level 3 Award in HACCP