Is this course right for me?
The law requires that all food handlers need to be trained according to their food handling work activities. Should an employee achieve a Highfield food safety qualification, which is suitable for the work they do, it will assist food business operators in proving that they have displayed due diligence and are therefore compliant in the eyes of the law. Typical environments may include pubs, hotels, restaurants, retail, factories, contract catering, fast-food outlets, hospitals, care and nursing homes, schools, prisons and the armed forces.
Food Safety Level 4 - ensures that managers are aware of the procedures and standards required to ensure safe food is served at all times and that due diligence is taken.
This qualification is aimed at
- Individuals already working in manufacturing, in a food or drink catering environment
- Those who are preparing to work in the industry,
- Those whose job requires them to have some responsibility for food safety and are likely to have management responsibilities for an operational team.
At the end of this course, you will gain the following Awards
(Applicants should specify which award they wish to complete when applying)
Highfield Level 4 Award in Food Safety Management for Food Manufacturing
Highfield Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering
- How food business operators can ensure compliance with food safety legislation,
- The operational requirements needed to ensure food safety,
- How to establish food safety management procedures,
- The controls required for food safety
- How to maintain food safety management procedures
- Good hygiene practices
Course fees under the SEE Project are:
- Small/Micro business -70%
- Medium -60%
- Large -50%
Level 3 Award in Food Safety or its equivalent.
- taught sessions
- group work
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice exam and a written examination.
For further progression routes contact Food Technology Centre directly.