Is this course right for me?
The QCF standards are for people who work with children from 0-19 years, in settings or services whose main purpose is children’s care, learning and development.
Level 5 - Advanced Practitioner CCLD
Learners must gain a minimum of 80 credits. They must achieve 52 credits from the mandatory units and a minimum of 28 credits from optional units.
Level 5 - Management CCLD
Learners must achieve 90 credits to achieve this qualification. These are made up of 64 credits from mandatory units, and a minimum of 26 from optional units to add up to a total of 90 credits.
For more information, contact the campus of your choice:
- Rhos-on-Sea: 01492 546 666 ext. 1750
- Rhos-on-Sea: 01492 546 666 ext. 1721
- Bangor: 01248 370 125 ext. 7805
- Caernarfon: 01286 673 450 ext. 5436
- For Level 5 you must be employed in the childcare sector and in a post as a manager / supervisor / deputy manager, and be working for 16 hours a week or more.
- A Level 3 qualification
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance of college-based 'Essential Skills Qualifications' (ESQ) will be required
- Theory sessions will also be offered in college
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence (preferably electronic)
- The competenancy units will be a mixture of knowledge, understanding and skills which means that some part of the qualification will be directly observed by the Assessor, in order to see the learner practice in the workplace.
- Completion of ESQs in communication and application of number will be required.
This could lead on to a degree qualification.