Is this course right for me?
The course is aimed at those who are interested in studying the practical skills of bookkeeping and accounting and wish to apply for these job roles. It will also be suitable for those who already work in these roles and wish to gain more practical experience with certification.
The course takes place during child-friendly hours and is taught by step-by-step tuition in a friendly, informal atmosphere.
Course fee: £250 (concessions available)
If you are entitled to a concession, phone Abergele College 01745 828 100 to arrange payment.
There are no formal entry requirements. However, individuals should have:
- an adequate understanding of the terms used in basic bookkeeping
- some previous experience in bookkeeping
- moderate computer awareness
It is formal tuition using explanatory and practical materials and working through handbooks.
Book keeping and Accounts Level 2
- Processing business documentation
- Petty Cash and Petty cash book
- Payments and receipts
- Cash Book and Bank Reconciliation
- Credit Control and Bad debts
- Double entry book keeping and the Ledgers
- Trial Balance
- Understanding financial reports
Assessment will be by means of completing portfolio of evidence and in class assessments.
- 'Agored' Accounting Level 3
- Sage Payroll/Manual Wages
- Computerised Account Level 2/Level 3