Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
This course has been developed to provide opportunities for learners to gain a nationally recognised qualification, in order to gain employment in the ICT sector, or to progress to Level 3 studies.
- Do you have an interest in the latest ICT creative technologies?
- Do you use a smartphone or a tablet?
- Do you want to create technology products and systems, rather than just be a consumer of them?
- Would you like to create a phone app?
Whilst studying the Level 2 Information and Creative Technology course, you will have the opportunity to be the creator and producer of ICT products and systems.
ICT has become more visual and interactive since the development of smart phones and tablets. This course looks to develop your skills in an area that is fast developing. Future jobs will desire/require a good understanding of new technologies.
The course is a 1 year programme. You will study a wide range of subjects and complete a variety of tasks such as:
- Designing a mobile app
- Create a digital portfolio
- Designing a software program
- Designing a website
- Designing digital animation, audio, graphic and video products.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, and 1 GCSE at grade E, including English or Welsh 1st Language and Maths, or Entry 3 / Level 1 ESQ in Numeracy and Communication
- A relevant Level 1 qualification at Pass
- Relevant industry experience
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Interactive learning
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
This is a practical course where you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
Units 1 and 2 are assessed by online tests, which are then marked externally. The remaining units are internally assessed using a range of assessment methods such as case studies, written reports, presentations and practical tasks.
This Extended Certificate is a respected qualification allowing access into entry level jobs in the IT industry, or progression onto Level 3 courses, for which you will need to have obtained an overall Pass grade or above.