Is this course right for me?
This course has been developed to provide opportunities for learners to gain a nationally recognised qualification, in order to gain employment in the ICT sector, or to progress to Level 3 studies.
- Do you have an interest in the latest ICT creative technologies?
- Do you use a smartphone or a tablet?
- Do you want to create technology products and systems, rather than just be a consumer of them?
- Would you like to create a phone app?
Whilst studying the Level 2 Information and Creative Technology course, you will have the opportunity to be the creator and producer of ICT products and systems.
ICT has become more visual and interactive since the development of smart phones and tablets. This course looks to develop your skills in an area that is fast developing. Future jobs will desire/require a good understanding of new technologies.
The course is a 1 year programme. You will study a wide range of subjects and complete a variety of tasks such as:
- Designing a mobile app
- Create a digital portfolio
- Designing a software program
- Designing a website
- Designing digital animation, audio, graphic and video products.
- 3 GCSEs at grade D or above and 1 GCSE at grade E, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade D or E
- Level 1 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Group work
- Interactive learning
- Classroom-based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment)
This is a practical course where you will learn by completing projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
Units 1 and 2 are assessed by online tests, which are then marked externally. The remaining units are internally assessed using a range of assessment methods such as case studies, written reports, presentations and practical tasks.
This Extended Certificate is a respected qualification allowing access into entry level jobs in the IT industry, or progression onto Level 3 courses, for which you will need to have obtained an overall Pass grade or above.