Is this course right for me?
This course is for anyone who wishes to increase their knowledge of sugar craft techniques.
The course is designed for a wide variety of students who are interested in developing skills in cake decoration and sugar craft.
The aim of the course is to:
- Give students an understanding of cake decoration and sugar craft techniques and design
- Develop the specialist skills required
- Provide practical experience in handling tools and equipment
- Give an understanding of the commodities used
- Identify the Health and Safety requirements associated with the work
- Prepare students for possible employment in this area of work
- Prepare students for the Advanced Cake Decoration qualification
You will learn to produce celebration cakes and decorations using the following mediums and techniques: Royal Icing, Collars, Lettering, Pressure Piping, Sugar Paste, Fabric Effects, Simple Flowers, Bas Relief, Modelling, Carved Novelty Cake.
In addition to the course costs, there is an Awarding Body Registration Fee payable (approx £50).
Level 1 or equivalent
You will learn how to carry out the techniques by watching demonstrations and having hands-on, practical sessions.
You will be required to wear a white lab style coat or chef's jacket to class.
- You will demonstrate that you can carry out the practical work by creating decorated cakes and plaques.
- You will produce a portfolio of design and theory work.
- Level 3 Cake Decoration
- Level 1 Wired Sugar Flowers