Is this course right for me?
This course is for anyone who is currently employed by, or who has the immediate potential to be employed by a construction company that carries out work in a number of trade areas (multi-skilled).
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
Learners have the option to study the course at the Rhos-on-Sea campus, where there are well equipped classrooms for theory lessons. Training will be carried out to meet the Awarding Body requirements and curriculum content.
The learner will complete online, written and practical tests to gain the diploma. The NVQ is carried out by answering written questions and building a portfolio of evidence from site competence.
You will be assessed by a range of methods, including:
- 2 external on-line assessments which incorporate multi-choice questions
- Portfolio (assessed by one of the course assessors)
You will be able to continue with your employment as a qualified tradesperson or use the qualification to continue your career elsewhere.
You will also be able to progress onto further courses (Level 3, HNC etc.).
Additional campus/course information:
Your qualification comprises of a Diploma and an NVQ.
The Diploma is split into seven units:
- Unit 201/601: Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Unit 202/602: Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Unit 235: Carry out small-scale building repairs
- Unit 236: Carry out small-scale painting and decorating repairs
- Unit 237: Carry out small-scale plastering repairs
- Unit 238: Carry out small-scale plumbing repairs
- Unit 239: Carry out carpentry repairs
The NVQ is split into various units some of which are mandatory and some of which are optional. A certain number of credits must be achieved from the optional units.