Is this course right for me?
Benefits for you of undertaking this course are:
● Know what it takes to be an effective coach in your workplace
● Understand how coaching works – learn a coaching model, and the tools and techniques to support it
● Put your new skills into practice in your job – carry out supervised coaching sessions
● Analyse, assess and plan to improve your own coaching ability.
Benefits for employers of undertaking this course are:
● Implement coaching to improve performance in your organisation
● Ensure the managers you develop as coaches are properly equipped with the skills, knowledge and ethical understanding they need
● Develop a coaching culture in your organisation by developing your managers as truly effective coaches.
Course fees under the SEE Project are:
- Small/Micro business - £99.30
- Medium - £132.40
- Large - £165.50
The Award in Coaching is designed for people in their first management roles, including team leaders and first-line managers. It is ideal for individuals seeking to develop the tools, knowledge and confidence to coach people as part of their normal working role.
College sessions/lecture, group work, personal study and completion of work based assignments and reflective practice.
Understanding good practice in workplace coaching
Work based Assignment - This assignment requires you to consider your knowledge and understanding of the context and environment for effective coaching within the workplace, and to consider the process and content of workplace coaching in practice.
Undertaking coaching in the workplace and Reflecting on workplace coaching skills
Work based Assignment - This combined assignment asks you to complete a diary of activity and reflections over the course of the practical coaching activity you have undertaken. You need to evidence of a minimum of 6 hours of formal workplace coaching and maintain a coaching diary to evidence practice.
ILM L3 Certificate In Coaching
ILM L3 Award and Certificate in Mentoring
ILM L3 Award and Certificate in Leadership and Management
Additional campus/course information:
During the course, you will study 3 ILM Modules:
Understanding good practice in workplace coaching - The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to understand good practice in workplace coaching.
Undertaking coaching in the workplace - The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to demonstrate their ability to undertake workplace coaching.
Reflecting on workplace coaching skills - The purpose of this unit is to enable learners to reflect on their own abilities as a workplace coach.