Is this course right for me?
This course is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in the Fashion, Theatre, Media, Hair and Make-up industries.
The course consists of the following units:
- Health and safety
- Apply make-up
- Lash and brow treatments
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Camouflage make-up
- Airbrush make-up to the face
- Provide self-tanning services
- Media make-up
- Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Dressing hair
In addition you will study:
Essential Skills such as Communication, Application of Number and ICT.
- Level 2 Diploma pass in a relevant subject
- Attendance at an interview
Delivery methods include:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real commercial salon environments and possible work experience
- Group work
- Competition opportunities
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio of practical assessments for each unit (e-portfolio)
- Assignments and tasks
- Multiple-choice online tests covering the underpinning knowledge
- Your behaviour will also count towards your assessment, in terms of maturity, development, interaction and communication.
The course gives you multiple qualifications and a broad set of specialist skills.
You will be prepared to progress in the right direction towards a challenging career, utilising all the knowledge you have gained. This may be through employment in a range of beauty and therapy environments, where your specialist skills will be valuable.
Alternatively, you could enter higher education onto a degree in Media Make-up or a relevant area.