Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
This course is aimed at those wishing to pursue a career in the Fashion, Theatre, Media, Hair and Make-up industries.
The course consists of the following units:
- Health and safety
- Apply make-up
- Face and body painting
- Fashion and photographic make-up
- Camouflage make-up
- Airbrush make-up to the face
- Provide self-tanning services
- Media make-up
- Apply prosthetic pieces and bald caps
- Dressing hair
In addition you will study:
Essential Skills such as Communication, Application of Number and ICT.
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- A relevant Level 2 qualification at Pass
- Relevant industry experience
You will also require an attendance level of 86% in your previous year of study.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
Delivery methods include:
- Theory classes
- Practical workshops
- Real commercial salon environments and possible work experience
- Group work
- Competition opportunities
The course is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Portfolio of practical assessments for each unit (e-portfolio)
- Assignments and tasks
- Multiple-choice online tests covering the underpinning knowledge
- Your behaviour will also count towards your assessment, in terms of maturity, development, interaction and communication.
The course gives you multiple qualifications and a broad set of specialist skills.
You will be prepared to progress in the right direction towards a challenging career, utilising all the knowledge you have gained. This may be through employment in a range of beauty and therapy environments, where your specialist skills will be valuable.
Alternatively, you could enter higher education onto a degree in Media Make-up or a relevant area.