Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
Once you've applied, you will be invited to attend a virtual information event at the beginning of 2021. At this event, you will have the opportunity to find out more about your course, meet the staff and ask any questions that you may have.
If your course requires an interview you will receive an email with details about your video call. There will be no need for you to come on site. Don't worry if you don't receive an email about an interview, not every course needs one.
Is this course right for me?
This course teaches English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), and is suitable for people with academic qualifications in their first language who need the language skills to progress to university or the professions (e.g. medicine).
Pre-sessional Academic English is included in this pathway, and is run in partnership with Bangor University. Excellent success rates are gained from students from all over the world. All aspects of academic and professional language, in work and in study scenarios, are covered. Students are very well prepared for study and professional employment in the UK.
Topics covered include:
- General English
- Speaking and Listening Skills
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Academic English
- Study Skills
- Personal Tutorials
International students should contact the International Office - visit gllm.ac.uk/international for further information.
- 6 months (January entry): Minimum Entry Requirements = 3/B1 or IELTS 5
- 1 year (September entry): Minimum Entry Requirements = 2/ A2 or IELTS 4
- 2 years: Pre Entry 1/A1
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
Delivery: A full class-based timetable with a programme of additional private study.
- Continual assessment plus end-of-term internal exams
- End-of-course internal and external exams
On successful completion you could go onto:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate study in Bangor University or other UK universities
- HND, Foundation or Honours degree courses in Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
- Professional employment