Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
This course teaches English to Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL), and is suitable for people with academic qualifications in their first language who need the language skills to progress to university or the professions (e.g. medicine).
Pre-sessional Academic English is included in this pathway, and is run in partnership with Bangor University. Excellent success rates are gained from students from all over the world. All aspects of academic and professional language, in work and in study scenarios, are covered. Students are very well prepared for study and professional employment in the UK.
Topics covered include:
- General English
- Speaking and Listening Skills
- Reading and Writing Skills
- Academic English
- Study Skills
- Personal Tutorials
International students should contact the International Office - visit gllm.ac.uk/international for further information.
- 6 months (January entry): Minimum Entry Requirements = 3/B1 or IELTS 5
- 1 year (September entry): Minimum Entry Requirements = 2/ A2 or IELTS 4
- 2 years: Pre Entry 1/A1
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
A full class-based timetable with a programme of additional private study.
- Continual assessment plus end-of-term internal exams
- End-of-course internal and external exams
On successful completion you could go onto:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate study in Bangor University or other UK universities
- HND, Foundation or Honours degree courses in Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
- Professional employment