Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
This course is an English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) course and it is suitable for anyone whose first language is not English or Welsh.
The course will help you:
- Improve your language, confidence and skills
- Gain the language and skills you need for living and working in Wales
- Prepare you to find training and work
- Meet people from all over the world alongside local people.
Very friendly teachers will help you set goals and support you to achieve them.
Topics covered will include:
- General English
- Speaking and Listening Skills
- Reading and Writing Skills
- English for Work
- Personal tutorials
- ESOL and IT (optional)
- ESOL and Maths (optional)
The course is free to permanent UK and EU residents who meet eligibility requirements.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
You will have classes with friendly teachers.
Your work will be assessed throughout your course. You will also be able to take exams.
You can go onto:
- the next level of English
- another college course in Grwp Llandrillo Menai
- training with another provider