When applying for A Levels there is no need for you to enter all of your preferred subject choices. You will have an opportunity to discuss your subject choice during interview.
Is this course right for me?
Information Technology gives students the opportunity to study a subject which suits any combination of other courses.
You will gain experience and knowledge in the practical uses of information technology, particularly databases, spreadsheets, presentation software, animation and movie making software.
You will also study the more theoretical uses of how businesses utilise information technology and how it affects society today.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above to include English or Welsh (1st language)
- Attendance at an interview
- Entry onto the full A Level is based on your performance at AS Level
- Consideration will be given to mature students without recognised qualifications
This course is delivered as follows:
- Group work
- Classroom based learning
- Tutorial support
- Educational visits
- MOODLE (virtual learning environment).
This course is assessed through a range of activities these can include:
- Practical and written assessments/assignments
- Presentations and demonstrations
- Portfolios of work
- Performance and observation.
ICT will help you in any chosen career but will also be an essential part of technology-based courses.
The list of professions is endless but will include architect, games designer, software engineer, systems analyst, webmaster, network manager.