Is this course right for me?
Are you looking for a career in the motor vehicle and transport industries?
This course enhances your technical and academic knowledge. It brings your abilities up to industry level and prepares you for your career in the industry.
At Level 2, you can specialise in one of two routes:
- Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Principles – Aeronautical and Automotive, or
- Vehicle Accident Repair Body Principles, or
The course is suitable for students progressing from Automotive Engineering Level 1 (or equivalent qualifications). It is also available to school leavers, employees within the vehicle industry and professionals from other industries.
It is approved by the Sector Skills Council (SSC), ensuring that it meets the quality requirements of the industry.
- Level 1 Diploma pass in relevant subject, to include GCSE Mathematics and English or Welsh (1st Language) at grade G or above
- Attendance at an interview.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical demonstrations
- Realistic working tasks
- Lectures to develop underpinning knowledge
- Assignment work
- Online learning
- Visits to Industry and Trade Shows
- Placement in the industry
- Internal practical assessment
- Online assessment
- Oral questioning
- Written questions
- Short learner task sheets for you to complete independently
Completion of this course will give you the fundamental skills and knowledge to work in the vehicle industry.
Due to technological advancements, companies in manufacture, retail, distribution, servicing and accident repair are constantly seeking to bring young people into this fast-changing industry.
The course will also prepare you for studying at a more advanced level.
You could also apply for a Modern Apprenticeship.
Additional campus/course information:
The Centre for Automotive Technology at the Rhyl Campus is equipped to the latest industry standards, including Heavy Goods Vehicle Brake Tester, 4 Wheel Drive Rolling Road Dynamometer, 4-Wheel Alignment, a superb Auto-Electronics Diagnostic Room, USI Spray Booths, Lechler Mixing Scheme, Car-OLiner Body Jig and Alignment System, Welding Bays, Valeting Bay, plus Hybrid Technology and Vehicle Climate Control Systems.