Is this course right for me?
This course is aimed at those who frequently use ladders and stepladders in the course of their daily duties. The course will cover current legislation, Code of Practice, Regulations and Guidance affecting work at height. Course topics include:
- assess and determine when it is appropriate to use a ladder or stepladder
- correctly locate and safely use ladders and stepladders
- gain ân understanding of the law and standards relating to ladders and stepladders
- gain an understanding of hazards in the use of ladders and stepladders
- gain an understanding of storage and handling of ladders and stepladders.
There are no entry requirements for this course.
The course will be taught through a classroom session with slides where the trainer provides information and asks questions.
There will be an individual questionnaire on safe and effective use of ladders and stepladders. There are assessment activities – multiple choice questions, ladders and stepladders fault finding and carrying and positioning ladders and stepladders
There will be a closed book test with a pass mark of 80%.
A Ladder Association certificate and LadderCard will be issued to successful delegates who complete the theory and practical assessment sessions which has a 5 year validity period.