Important Entry Requirement & Application Update
College is still accepting online applications for courses starting in September 2020.
Interviews are cancelled to help to limit social contact during this time.
Instead, you will be invited to a college welcome event to meet the tutors before the start of the course. If you do not meet the entry criteria you will have the opportunity to discuss an alternative programme during this event.
Is this course right for me?
This qualification is designed to cover the fundamental skills and knowledge common to all engineering practices.
It is suitable for:
- Apprentices as part of Semta’s Apprenticeship frameworks for the sector
- Employees in engineering requiring additional engineering competencies as part of an existing job role or to enable career progression
- Anyone seeking to acquire engineering competencies enabling progression to the workplace/employment
In order to qualify for this course, you will need at least one of the following:
- 4 GCSEs at grade D or above, including English or Welsh 1st Language and Maths, or Entry 3 / Level 1 ESQ in Numeracy and Communication
- A relevant Level 1 qualification at Pass
- Relevant industry experience
As part of the application process, you will be asked to attend an interview to give you the opportunity to discuss the course.
- Practical sessions.
- There are two pathways available as part of this courses, either craft or technical. At interview we will discuss which option is best suited to your progression into either employment or studying engineering at degree level.
- Continuous assessment on practical skills.
- Level 3 qualification
- Engineering Apprenticeships