Is this course right for me?
This framework a broad based entry qualification to a wide variety of workers with a range of job titles, all undertaking similar generic tasks and some more specialised skills.
The framework seeks to attract younger workers into the sector through the apprenticeship scheme since the sector has an ageing workforce and needs young recruits. There remains a need to increase the numbers of Welsh speaking staff to improve access to services for service users whose, first or preferred language is Welsh.
Job titles vary by employer and include (health) care workers, social care workers, support workers, domiciliary care workers and senior care officers.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in Health and Social Care is desirable.
- Must be at least 17½ years old.
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance of college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3 and to a Higher Apprenticeship Level 5.