Is this course right for me?
These occupation framework pathways are designed to provide individuals with the competencies needed to carry out job roles in installation and/or maintenance of electro technical systems.
The following job roles will be covered in these frameworks:
- Installation Electrician
- Maintenance Electrician
- Highway Electrical Systems Service and Maintenance Electrician
- Highway Electrical Systems Commissioning Electrician
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria
- GCSE Grade A*-C in English or Welsh, and Maths
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- Technical training is provided in the college 1 day per week, including time in practical workshops.
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
- AM2 final competence exam at external college
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship Level 3 in Electrical Installation, you will have the skills, knowledge and qualification to:
- Register on a relevant Industry Certification Scheme
- Progress to relevant Level 4/5 qualification
- Progress in their career with fuarther training into such job roles as Technician, Designer, Estimator, Project Manager, Site Supervisor / Manager