Is this course right for me?
The course will give you an insight into basic chainsaw maintenance, cross-cutting and felling techniques. You will learn about all aspects of safe use of a chainsaw, what equipment, protective clothing and tools you require. It will also include the felling of small trees up to 380mm diameter at the base.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- You will be assessed by undertaking a practical assessment test.
Successful candidates can progress to gain further chainsaw qualifications, such as:
- Felling medium trees and Clearing individual windblown trees
- Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue
- Using a Chainsaw in a tree