Is this course right for me?
This framework has been designed to provide the social care sector with higher level skilled workers and to support succession planning and progression for leaders and managers within the sector. It offers progression to experienced staff to obtain the professionally required qualification for management and leadership in social care.
In Wales, managers of residential care homes for children and adults are required to register with Care Council for Wales and from 2013 managers of services providing services will also have to register. This is a qualification based register and this framework provides the qualifications required to achieve this status. It offers progression from the Advanced Practitioner Frameworks.
There are a number of pathways:
- Management Adult Services
- Management of Residential Services for Adults
- Management Child and Young People’s services
- Management Residential Services for Children and Young People.
- No formal qualifications are required
- Apprentices must be at least 19 years old, and be working a minimum of 16 hours a week in care (preferably in the role of manager in a domiciliary/residential setting; deputy manager/assistant manager, or an advanced practitioner)
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria
- Ideally, apprentices will have completed the L3 Diploma in Care
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance of college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
- Written Assignments
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3 and Higher Apprenticeship Level 4
This programme is part-financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.