Is this course right for me?
This Apprenticeship framework provides the skills, knowledge and competence require to become an IT Software, Web or Telecoms Professional in a wide range of job roles such as:
- IT Technical Support
- Software Developer
- Web Developer
- Database Administrator
- Telecoms Engineer
- Network Planner
The apprenticeship programme combines skills and knowledge with employment in an IT role, meaning that apprentices are paid throughout the programme.
Apprentices can apply and improve their skills in the workplace to complement the instructor-led learning.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in IT is desirable
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the criteria
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace with two days a week in college
- Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
This programme is part financed by the European Social Fund through the Welsh Government.