Is this course right for me?
This framework provides the apprentice with the competence, skills and knowledge to work effectively and efficiently.
Foundation apprentices (Level 2) will train as technicians assessing and repairing the damage, restoring body and paintwork, automotive glazing and windscreen repair on a range of light and heavy vehicles.
Apprentices (Level 3) will train as senior technicians repairing the damage, restoring body and paintwork, on a range of light and heavy vehicles or as Vehicle Damage Assessors, appraising vehicle damage, assessing vehicle repair methods and estimating costs.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience of the Motor Industry is desirable
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- Technical training is provided in the college 1 day per week, including time in practical workshops.
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3