Is this course right for me?
This framework provides a nationally agreed apprenticeship framework for a work-based learning route into employment for the barbering industry, using qualifications that combine both skills and knowledge.
Barbering has a unique position within the hair and beauty sector, as it combines traditional skills such as scissors over comb and shaving with new specialist techniques such as 2D and 3D sculpting.
- No formal qualifications are required, but experience in Hair and Beauty is desirable.
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Technical training is provided in the college, 1 day per week including time in practical workshop
- Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.