Is this course right for me?
This framework provides a nationally agreed apprenticeship framework for a work-based learning route into employment for the beauty industry, using qualifications that combine both skills and knowledge.
Depending on the pathway followed and level achieved, learners completing an apprenticeship will undertake roles such as:
Junior beauty therapist, manicurist or skin care and make-up consultant (Foundation Apprenticeship)
Beauty Therapist, electrolysist, masseur/masseuse or make-up artists (Apprenticeship)
Careers may take place in a variety of locations including beauty salons, hospitals, care homes, cruise ships, spas and health clubs or working freelance.
- No formal qualifications are required, but experience in Hair and Beauty is desirable.
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- The beauty therapy and nail technician courses do not attend college for practical and theory workshops. All technical training will need to be provided by the salon.
- An Assessor will complete all assessments and theory within the workplace.
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.