Is this course right for me?
The Improving Operational Performance framework incorporates three pathways (Performing Engineering Operations Level 2, Performing Manufacturing Operations Level 2 and Business Improvement Techniques Level 2) that equip apprentices with the basic skills and knowledge to carry out a range of engineering and manufacturing processes at semi-skilled and operator level.
The Business Improvement Techniques pathway ensures that business processes are planned and executed as efficiently as possible, identifying and minimising waste whilst ensuring the highest quality.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in engineering work is desirable.
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- A majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3 in Mechanical Engineering.