Is this course right for me?
Learners completing an Apprenticeship will have the opportunity to fulfil the role of a nail technician. Their careers may take place in a variety of locations other than specialist nail salons including within hospitals, care homes, beauty salons, nail bars, spas and health clubs, both in this country and abroad.
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services provides progression from the Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Nail Services or Beauty Therapy and the opportunity to select a discrete development pathway for the nail services industry.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in Hair and Beauty is desirable.
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Technical training is provided in the college 1 day per week, including time in practical workshops
- Attendance of college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3