Is this course right for me?
Are you working in a school in the Primary or Senior sector? This qualification provides learners with an opportunity to develop knowledge and skills that will help them to work effectively with children. This qualification will mean that you are qualified to work in a school settings e.g. working in primary, senior or special needs schools.
Employers have helped to design these revised apprenticeships to support the increasing demand for trained support staff in schools, attract new people to the sector, up skill the workforce and replace those who leave or retire.
The Foundation Apprenticeship (Level 2) is applicable to staff in learning support roles, whose responsibilities at work are closely supervised.
The Apprenticeship (Level 3) is applicable to staff in learning support roles, which require competence across a range of responsibilities, including more specialist functions.
For more information, contact the campus of your choice:
- Rhos-on-Sea: 01492 546 666 ext. 1750
- Rhos-on-Sea: 01492 546 666 ext. 1721
- Bangor: 01248 370 125 ext. 7805
- Caernarfon: 01286 673 450 ext. 5436
- For Level 2, no formal qualifications are required but employment in childcare is needed. For Level 3, you must be able to show supervisory skills.
- Your employer must be able to meet the QCF criteria.
- You must have adequate WEST results.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance of college-based 'Essential Skills Qualifications' (ESQ) will be required
- Theory sessions will also be offered in college
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence (preferably electronic)
- The competenancy units will be a mixture of knowledge, understanding and skills which means that some part of the qualification will be directly observed by the Assessor, in order to see the learner practice in the workplace.
- Completion of ESQs in communication, application of number and digital literacy will be required.
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3. Apprenticeship Level 3 can go on to Degree level.