Is this course right for me?
This Apprenticeship programme is designed for new entrants to a role in the IT and Telecoms sector, and to provide progression and re-skilling routes for existing IT Professionals. Apprentices can work in areas such as:
- Software and Web Development
- Technical Support
- IT Project Management
What is included in this Apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship is made up of qualifications and learning that will provide apprentices with the skills and knowledge required to become competent in their chosen job role.
The framework includes a balance of content in technical, business and interpersonal areas, designed to ensure apprentices have an appropriate set of skills to operate in today’s IT and Telecoms job roles.
The technical content includes units for Software Development, Web Development, Technical Support, Telecommunications and Databases. In addition to generic units, the apprenticeship contains 'vendor' and industry recognised content from Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle, VM Ware and CompTIA.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in IT is desirable
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.