Is this course right for me?
The Retail Apprenticeship frameworks are designed primarily to develop people in employment throughout the retail sector through gaining the knowledge, skills and understanding to carry out the job role.
Level 2 Foundation Apprenticeship in Retail
This framework has been designed for individuals working within a retail environment as a general sales assistant as well as those in more specialist roles, for example beauty consultants or fresh food counter assistants.
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Retail
This framework enables apprentices, who are employed in a more senior position within retail, such as Senior Sales Assistants, Team Leaders, Supervisors, to consolidate existing skills and knowledge. This will allow them to fulfil the requirements of their existing role and to support progression within the retail sector.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in Retail is desirable
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- The majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance of college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work-based observations
- Theory-based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3