Is this course right for me?
This framework provides the apprentice with the competence, skills and knowledge to work effectively and efficiently with IT systems, communications and productivity tools and applications in a range of job roles and industry sectors.
The Level 2 Apprenticeship in IT User may be working in a wide range of industries, including typical job roles as:
- Personal assistant, Office support
- Application helpdesk support
- Website design/technician
- Publishing or multimedia assistant
- Sales and Marketing executive
- Teaching assistant or school administrator.
The Level 3 Apprentice will be prepared for job roles requiring in-depth knowledge and competence in the use of particular systems and software, as well as wide-ranging transferable skills and the ability to develop and test solutions to improve workplace productivity through the use of IT.
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in IT is desirable
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- A majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work based observations
- Theory based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.