Is this course right for me?
This framework provides a nationally agreed apprenticeship framework for the hairdressing industry, using qualifications that combine both skills and knowledge. Apprenticeships are the traditional way of training hairdressers.
Depending on the pathway followed and the level achieved, learners completing an apprenticeship will undertake roles such as:
- Junior Hairdresser/Stylist (Foundation Apprenticeship)
- Hairdresser or Stylist (Apprenticeship)
- No formal qualifications are required but experience in Hair and Beauty is desirable.
- Apprentices must have an employer who can cover the NVQ criteria.
- A majority of training is provided in the workplace
- Technical training is provided in the college 1 day per week, including time in practical workshops
- Attendance at college-based sessions to complete theory tasks and tests is essential
- Completion of a portfolio of evidence
- Work-based observations
- Theory-based tasks and tests
From Foundation Apprenticeship Level 2 to an Apprenticeship Level 3.