Is this course right for me?
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping will develop your understanding of the double entry bookkeeping principles, journals, control accounts and a trial balance. It is suitable for candidates who would like to run their own business and do their own bookkeeping. It is also suitable if you have completed the introductory bookkeeping level (AAT Access), or if you are working in finance and want an industry-recognised qualification.
The AAT Level 2 Certificate in Bookkeeping consists of 2 units, assessed by computer based assessments:
- Understand financial transactions within a bookkeeping system
- Process customer transactions
- Process supplier transactions
- Process receipts and payments
- Process transactions through the ledgers to the trial balance
- Understand payment methods
- Understand controls in a bookkeeping system
- Use control accounts
- Use the journal
- Reconcile a bank statement with the cash book
- AAT Access Level 1 or alternatively GCSE Maths and English grade C
- Ideally, you should be working in an Accounting role
- All students are required to register with the professional body for accounting technicians
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
- Formal lectures
- Will involve a commitment to reading and practising your skills outside lectures
This course will develop your practical skills and prepare you for higher level accounting qualifications.
- 2 computer-based assessments
Completion of the programme can lead to a range of options in employment and education, including:
- Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT) Level 2 Award in Computerised Accounting.