Is this course right for me?
Benefits for individuals
● Use core management techniques to drive better results
● Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
● Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
● Benchmark your managerial skills
● Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
● Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
● Engage middle managers with training and development – these qualifications are designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
This qualification is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers. The Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is designed for practising middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
College sessions/lecture, group work, personal study and completion of work based assignments and reflective practice.
The sessions are delivered in English and the session resources are mainly in English although some resources are available in Welsh. The assignment, and portfolio of evidence can be completed/submitted in Welsh.
Becoming an Effective leader – Work Based Assignment - This assignment requires you to understand your own ability to fulfil key responsibilities of the leadership role, and be able to evaluate your own ability to lead others.
Leading Innovation and Change and Managing projects in the organisation - Work Based Assignment - This assignment requires you to understand the need for innovation and change management within an organisation. To be able to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance in order to be able to lead and manage change projects within an organisation, and to evaluate own ability to manage a project
ILM L5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
ILM L5 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring.