Is this course right for me?
Benefits for individuals
● Use core management techniques to drive better results
● Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
● Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
● Benchmark your managerial skills
● Raise your profile in your organisation.
Benefits for employers
● Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
● Engage middle managers with training and development – these qualifications are designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals
This qualification is designed for project managers, department heads, and other practising middle managers. The Level 5 Award in Leadership and Management is designed for practising middle managers, helping them to develop their skills and experience, improve performance and prepare for senior management responsibilities.
College sessions/lecture, group work, personal study and completion of work based assignments and reflective practice.
The sessions are delivered in English and the session resources are mainly in English although some resources are available in Welsh. The assignment, and portfolio of evidence can be completed/submitted in Welsh.
Becoming an Effective leader – Work Based Assignment - This assignment requires you to understand your own ability to fulfil key responsibilities of the leadership role, and be able to evaluate your own ability to lead others.
Leading Innovation and Change - Work Based Assignment - This assignment requires you to understand the need for innovation and change management within an organisation. To be able to propose innovative solutions to improve organisational performance in order to be able to lead and manage change within an organisation
ILM L5 Diploma in Leadership and Management
ILM L5 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Coaching and Mentoring.
Additional campus/course information:
During the course, you will study 2 ILM Modules:
Becoming an Effective leader – The purpose of this unit is to develop knowledge and understanding of effective leadership as required by a practising or potential middle manager.
Leading Innovation and Change - The purpose of this unit is to develop understanding and ability of leading innovation and change as required by a practising or potential middle manager.