Is this course right for me?
Benefits for individuals
● Consolidate your management skills and experience
● Develop the capabilities and personal awareness you need to be a leader
● Accredit your experience with nationally recognised qualifications.
Benefits for employers
● Middle managers with an advanced understanding of their role and function in your organisation
● Managers who can assess and improve their own leadership styles and behaviours
The Level 4 Award in Leadership and Management is designed for new and aspiring middle managers. The qualification helps learners to understand the middle manager role, gain business knowledge, and help to develop the technical skills they need to lead effectively at this level.
College sessions/lecture, group work, personal study and completion of work based assignments and reflective practice.
Understanding the management role to improve management performance – Work Based Assignment - This assignment requires you to understand the specific responsibilities of middle managers in enabling an organisation to achieve its goals. Understand how communication and interpersonal skills affect managerial performance in the workplace, and be able to assess personal development opportunities to improve own managerial performance.
Delegating Authority in the Workplace - Work Based Assignment – This assignment requires you to understand the benefits of delegation, in order to be able to delegate effectively in the workplace, and be able to identify improvements in own ability to delegate and empower others.
ILM L4 Diploma in Principles of Leadership and Management
ILM Level 5 Award, Certificate and Diploma in Leadership and Management
ILM L5 Award, Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring